The Selection Trilogy by Keira Cass

Thursday, May 30, 2013

"35 girls. 1 crown. The competition of a lifetime."

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.




I never thought I would be doing a book review. I won't even bother calling this a review because all I have is praise for this book. No regrets in reading this. I wish I had a real copy of this book since I only have ebooks. Everyone refuses to buy me books now because of ~ebooks~ and I don't have money to buy them myself. ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ

Anyway, if you're into romance, then this book is perfect for you! This isn't your predictable love story that you already know who ends up with who and what's going to happen next. It's like a really pretty love fantasy. I wouldn't say there wasn't any adventure in it. The rebel attacks (spoiler!) counted a bit as a really teensy bit of adventure to me. You're going to fall in and out of love with the protagonist, America Singer. (Yes, her name is America.) and insanely mad at her love interests. I JUST REALLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ALL OF YOU IF ANYONE EVEN READS THIS. For the romantic people, I bet you wouldn't stop turning the pages till you reach the end. And those who aren't very romantic, I think you'll still enjoy. You might cringe a bit if you really hate romance.




35 girls came to the palace. Only 6 remain.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.



AHHHH. The sequel to The Selection was a very frustrating book for me. Emphasis on very. The first 50+ pages were steady but then something very terrible happens and then Maxon goes all hshjksdfdfalfejfve which leads to America becoming ajsdashdwehfioewf. Then there is Aspen and he is akjsdhakdhas. You'll gave to read it to understand what I mean. Even though it was very frustrating, it was still a very good read. The rebel attacks have become more frequent and America does something very big and MAXON'S FATHER. I hope that's enough to make you want to read this trilogy.

The third and last book, 'The One' comes out next year and I'm dying to read it already. I can't wait to find out what happens!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram