The 100 by Kass Morgan

Thursday, January 23, 2014

In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.


I give this book a 3 out of 5.

I've seen this book countless of times everytime I visited a bookstore but I never had the urge to buy it or check it out. I was about to pick a book when I was out with Neil because he was going to buy me one. City Of Ashes was what I was after but as usual, it wasn't available. (You guys don't know how long I have been looking for a physical copy of City Of Ashes.) So I chose The 100 without thinking about it or reading the back part. 

No regrets in my compulsive decision!!! I give the book 3 stars out of 5. It had a great beggining and middle but I can't say much on how it ended. The story was told by four different people, each having their own chapter and problems. I kind of admired the author for making this click together. The whole book was interesting and good for me despite the reviews I've read on goodreads. Probably because it was a plot I wasn't used to and it wasn't that predictable. The story even gave me moments where when something happens, you just close the book and scream or create an unusual voice and smile/scowl like crazy the continue reading. I love it when that happens. I'm pretty sure most of you do that when you're really into the story. I only gave 3 out of 5 because it got a bit boring and dragging toward the end. The last parts disappointed me greatly but I have no words to explain how it did. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes all that sci-fi stuff but wouldn't mind the mushiness and stupidity of some characters. I bet a romantic kind of person would also enjoy this book. Not a bad last read for 2013 hehe. 

Just so everyone knows, The CW is adapting the book into a tv series. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram