Animated Films

Monday, May 16, 2016

I was re-watching these anime films last week and I am still in awe with how cute the art and stories are. I definitely recommend you guys to give these films a shot, especially if you don't watch anime! All 3 films listed here won't take much of your time since they only last around an hour and a half. Perfect for killing time!! (I just sounded like an infomercial.) You can find all of these on Youtube with subtitles. Yaay!

1. TAMAKO LOVE STORY

Tamako Love Story is a light-hearted love story between two teenagers who have known each other since birth. How the characters interact with each other and the scenes and animations are especially cute. It seems pretty typical in every aspect but the characters and their personalities make it special. Mochizo (the boy) is a special snowflake and he must be protected at all costs. This is a short film following the anime Tamako Market. You don't have to watch the anime to understand this because I didn't watch the anime series itself too.

Definitely worth the watch if you're looking for the butterflies in my stomach kind of feeling. 











2. KYOUKAI NO KANATA - I'LL BE HERE (KAKO-HEN)

THIS HAS ONE OF THE BEST ART I HAVE SEEN. ALSO, A REALLY GOOD STORY. This movie is the movie version of the series Kyoukai No Kanata. Basically, this film covers the main points of the series, so again, you don't have to invest a lot of time in watching the series. 

It's about humans and youmu (spirits/demons?) co-existing and such. Enter Akihito, a half-youmu and Mirai, an unusual spirit hunter (her weapon is her blood, which she manipulates into weapons!) who stabs Akihito at school and the two form a funny relationship. I strongly recommend watching this!!!











3. KYOUKAI  NO KANATA - I'LL BE HERE (MIRAI-HEN)


This is set immediately after the first movie since the first one and this one has even better art and cinematography!! Credits to Kyoto Animation for doing a great job, everything was so pleasing to the eyes and I kind of teared up a bit with how nice everything was. 

A new problem threatens the world and we get more character development. We also get to dive into Mirai and Akihito's past. I don't have much to say because I don't want to spoil anything for you guys. 











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram