Movie Review: Train To Busan

Wednesday, September 07, 2016




People who haven't seen it have been asking if it really was that nice. Here's my answer: YES. ABSOLUTELY.

I am trying my hardest to shut up about this movie but I simply cannot. For the past few days, this movie has been occupying my mind more often than I thought it would. You know when you finish a book, series and movie and you liked it so much you start researching things about it online? Well, that's exactly what I am going through right now.



I strongly suggest you invest your time, money and emotions into this film. I feel like the whole experience is much more fulfilling to watch on the big screen along with the whole crowd. You could feel the emotions running wild in the room.

Okay, I'm going to stop over-glorifying this amazing movie now. Let me get into the details.

So this is our typical zombie universe, the virus has just begun to spread and people have no idea how to deal with it. The main character, Seok-woo is with his daughter, Su-an and guess where they're off to? Busan, a city in South Korea. The zombie breakout has just begun as they board the train and (WARNING: TINY SPOILER but won't ruin your experience) unfortunately, an infected girl made her way onto the train just as it was about to close the doors. Now they're stuck on a train with a rabid zombie that ends up infectin more than a dozen passengers. So fun.

After more than half of the train is turned into flesh eating monsters, Seok-woo is so screwed willing to do anything to make sure he and his daughter survive, and battling with his conscience along the way. Seok-woo's character development was so good, I want to applaud the writers and the actor himself, Gong Yoo for doing a great job!

Seok-woo (Gong Yoo) wasn't the only one who made an amazing performance, without the supporting characters, (THEY WERE MAIN CHARACTERS TO ME) the movie would flop. Basically, a great cast and story line.

IT'S AMAZING HOW THEY INSERTED THE CHARACTERS INTO THE FILM WITH SUCH SHORT INTRODUCTIONS TO EACH. I FELT LIKE THEY ALL ADDED THEIR OWN SPICE AND THING ONTO THE FILM AND THEY WERE SO EASY TO LOVE, TAKE IN AND GET THEIR PERSONALITY.

Train to Busan's story was presented brilliantly with how well each scene fit in with each other. It kept me and the audience on our toes and showed the contrasting need to survive but be morally sane.

Train to Busan had me shouting and making sounds out of frustration and tension. I don't make a sound whenever I watch in a cinema. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's movie! But this one movie had me shouting along with the crowd. And I wasn't annoyed at all the noise.

I'm giving this movie a 13/10. I'm a sucker for movies that take me on emotional rides plus this one had zombies and jumpscares I could handle. To anyone still deciding whether to watch or not, I recommend you to do so!!

Sidestory: There was two girls behind me that kept talking in obnoxiously loud voices making comments about not going to their jobs the next day and making uneccessary side comments. I looked behind me from time to time to get a message across and I felt bad for the people who sat beside them because they were trying to lean away from the two girls as far as they could. Haha.

Who was your favorite character and what was your favorite scene? 

Please leave a comment down below because I badly need to discuss this movie with someone!!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram